CNBC February 4, 2023
– The U.S. will transition the federal Covid vaccination program to the private market as soon as the fall.
– This means Pfizer and Moderna would sell the shots directly to health-care providers at a higher price.
– Americans who have health insurance would still get their Covid shots for free once the vaccine program goes commercial.
– But the uninsured may have to pay the full price of the shots after the current federal supply runs out.
– The federal vaccine program will not be affected by the end of the Covid public health emergency in May, the White House said.
The U.S. will stop buying Covid shots at reduced price for the entire country and shift...