HealthLeaders Media July 27, 2021
Virtual care advocates note that telehealth demonstrated its value as a care option for seniors during the pandemic, when in-person care venues were shuttered.
– Congress is being urged to:
– Remove “arbitrary restrictions” on where a patient must be located to be eligible for telehealth services;
– Ensure that federally qualified health centers, critical access hospitals, and rural health centers can furnish telehealth services;
– Authorize HHS to allow additional telehealth practitioners, services, and modalities;
– Remove restrictions on telemental health services.
More than 430 telehealth stakeholders are asking Congress to make permanent the reforms put forward during the public health emergency that facilitate remote healthcare.
In a letter sent this week to lawmakers, the stakeholders urged...