Becker's Healthcare November 18, 2022
Here are eight anesthesia updates ASC leaders should know that Becker’s has reported on since Nov. 1:
1. The No Surprises Act has created financial challenges for anesthesiologists, the American Society of Anesthesiologists said Nov. 15.
2. Eighty-seven percent of New Jersey patients support having an anesthesiologist overseeing anesthesia care, according to survey results reported by TAPintoRahway.
3. The American Society of Anesthesiologists honored one of its former presidents, James Grant, MD, with its Distinguished Service Award.
4. Moderate sedation for a patient over 5 years old is the most common anesthesia service, according to a recent report from Definitive Healthcare.
5. Boston-based Tufts Medical Center...