Healthcare Platform Blog November 22, 2021
What if you tried to impress investors through a series of presentations by company execs — and your stock tanked by nearly 15% over the next two days? That’s what happened to virtual care platform (VCP) company Teladoc last week. I’ll share six takeaways from Teladoc’s investor day presentations:
- Teladoc’s Vision as a Virtual Care Platform is Broad — VERY Broad
- “Whole-Person” Care Takes Center Stage
- Teladoc is Walking a Tightrope: Trying to Be Complementary vs. Competitive With Customers
- What Wasn’t Discussed — Uncertainties of “The Telemedicine Cliff”
- What Wasn’t Discussed — An App Store for the Teladoc Platform?
- Investors Weren’t Pleased
Here’s a link to Teladoc’s 121 slide deck presented to investors. My POV here is that of a strategic advisor...