HealthLeaders Media July 6, 2021
The partners say their collaboration addresses Michigan employers’ concerns about rising healthcare costs and barriers to care quality.
– Under the model, employers and other plan sponsors pay a fixed cost per employee for nearly 24/7 unlimited access to primary care providers.
– MSU and Everside say their model is not a replacement for employer-sponsored insurance, but rather a complementary wellness program.
– Patients will have low- or no-cost access to physicians and 24/7 virtual care, reducing the need for costly ER use.
– Everside says that employers using its care model save 20% on average in claims costs each year because the model proactively treats health problems.
– This affiliation marks the first time that Denver-based Everside...